13 Apr Status update on construction works – April 2017
The construction works currently underway in the port of Cala del Forte are for the moment dedicated to adapting the construction to meet compliance and finishing tasks that were started and not completed. The company in charge of the works is Ventimiglia Mare and it’s subcontractor CEM
The SMIP, along with local Italian government is strictly abiding to the time-frame set out in the ‘Chrono-programme’ and the construction is on schedule for full delivery in 2019.
Current ongoing works (in red on the map):
- Correcting the armourstones above water on the counter-jetty: replacement of the blocs that do not meet conformity, reorganization and consolidation of the blocs – End of task by Mid-April 2017
- Mending of the alveoles: correcting the granulometry of the fill material in order to meet compliance and filling the pitches with concrete – Task to be completed by the end of April 2017
- Dredging / Excavation and removal of the old breakwater digue.
- Correcting the concrete work and base joint along the main harbour wall – Task to be completed by the end of April 2017
Scheduled works (in yellow on map)
- (11) Cement-injection reinforcement and consolidation of the lower section of the main harbour wall. Completion of task by the end of July 2017.
- (12) Correcting the armourstones on the main-jetty: replacement of the blocs that do not meet conformity, reorganization and consolidation of the blocs – Task to be completed by the end of June 2017
- (13) Completion of the counter-jetty wall – Works to take place from mid-April until the end of June 2017.
- (14) Reinforcing and securing of the north slope terrain: Works to begin in June 2017.